If you are trying to obtain a DAS pass, also known as a designated driver pass or a sober driver pass, you may be wondering what you need to say in order to successfully get one. Here are some tips on what you can say to increase your chances of getting a DAS pass:
- Be clear about your intentions: Make it clear that you are not planning on drinking and that you are volunteering to be the designated driver for the group. You can say something like, “I’m not drinking tonight and I’d like to be the designated driver for our group. Can I get a DAS pass?”
- Offer to provide proof of sobriety: Some establishments may require you to take a breathalyzer test in order to get a DAS pass. If this is the case, be willing to take the test and show that you are sober.
- Explain the importance of designated drivers: Emphasize the importance of having a designated driver and how it can help prevent drunk driving accidents. You can say something like, “Designated drivers are an important part of keeping our roads safe. I’d like to do my part by volunteering to be the designated driver tonight.”
- Be respectful and polite: It’s important to remember that the establishment has the right to refuse to give you a DAS pass if they believe it’s necessary. If you are denied a DAS pass, it’s important to remain respectful and polite.
- Offer to provide alternative transportation: If the establishment does not offer DAS passes or is unable to accommodate your request, you can offer to provide alternative transportation for your group. This could include arranging for a ride-sharing service or having a sober friend pick you up.
- Plan ahead: It’s always a good idea to plan ahead and arrange for a designated driver before going out. This can help ensure that you have a safe ride home and can avoid the need to ask for a DAS pass.
- Take advantage of alternative options: Many cities and towns offer alternative transportation options for those who do not want to drink and drive. These options may include public transportation or designated driver services that can take you and your car home.
Overall, it’s important to prioritize safety when going out and to always have a plan in place for getting home safely. By being a responsible designated driver, you can help prevent drunk driving accidents and keep yourself and others safe on the roads.